Want an easy way to dress up nearly any space in your wedding or reception? Then you may want to try the growing trend of using glass spheres in the décor. How can you utilize this simple decorative element no matter what your budget or venue? Here are five ideas to try.
1. Hang Them Overhead. Glass balls are often designed to hang from a ribbon, string, or wire. This means they are the perfect addition to any overhead structural or decorative element. Use large spheres to bring a high ceiling down to something more cozy. Or, hang flower or living frames overhead and integrate the glass balls for an elegant touch that contrasts perfectly with the organic portion.
2. Add Them to Centerpieces. Spheres are a simple centerpiece element, no matter the size of your centerpieces. Tall centerpieces, such as candelabras or tall flower arrangements, provide lots of support to hang clear balls so they reflect the surrounding light and color. Or, dress up a simple centerpiece by placing the spheres on the tables and placing something memorable inside.
3. Create Pops of Color. While most glass balls are crystal-clear, you can also purchase colored glass. The bright shades of glass are a good way to add vibrancy to any décor feature that doesn't come to life on its own. You might string one or more rows of colorful spheres vertically or horizontally on a bare wall, for instance, to instantly — and inexpensively — give it a focal point.
4. Use Them to Hold Things. Glass balls with one open end can hold just about any appropriately-sized item you desire. Some of the most common decorative items include candles (real or faux), flower buds, greenery bundles, and colored glass or marbles. You might also use the glass in other creative ways, ranging from a tip jar for the open bar to holders for escort cards.
5. Upcycle the Globes. Unlike most wedding decorations, glass spheres are permanent items. Consider taking advantage of this by upcycling them at the end of the event as token holders and special treats for your guests. Place a small token of your appreciation in the sphere and send guests home with them. Imagine how nice it will be to see your wedding globes in your friends' homes for years!
Want more ideas for using glass balls of any size in your wedding plans? Start by learning about all the variety of colors, sizes, and price ranges available. You'll undoubtedly find all the inspiration you need to make them a beautiful and fun feature of your big day. For more information, contact a local seller, like Worldly Goods Too.